Coconut and Mawa Burfi is perfect dessert to make on any special occasion. Milk solids make this dessert rich and creamy. Dry coconut is simmered in milk and milk solids and flavored with cardamom. And the pistachio topping makes this dessert look elegant and tempting. Do try this recipe and enjoy
Makes – 20 squares
Preparation time – 5 mins
Cooking time – 10 mins
- Dry Shredded Coconut – 2 Cups
- Sugar – 2/3 Cup
- Mawa (Milk Solids) (Grated) – 1 Cup
- Whole Milk (Full Fat Milk) – 1 Cup
- Butter – 1 Tbsp
- Cardamom Powder – pinch
- Pistachios (Sliced) – few
- Add milk in a medium sized wide non stick pan.
- Add Sugar, Cardamom Powder, butter, mawa.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add in the dry coconut. Let it thicken for 5- 8 mins.
- Keep mixing and scraping the sides and bottom of the pan.
- Cook the mixture till it starts to form a dough ball.
- Do not let it cook too much.
- The mixture should leave the sides of the pan.
- Once it reaches the desired concistency, turn OFF the heat.
- Transfer the mixture to a greased plate or pan in which you want to set the burfi in.
- I lined a 7 inch square baking tin with the parchment paper and transfered the mixture into the tin.
- Evenly spread the mixture.
- If needed use a wax paper on top and spread it with any flat bottomed surface. (drinking glass)
- Leave it on the counter for 30 mins and cut into squares or diamonds.
- Serve it at room temperature.