Tiramisu is a creamy Italian dessert with layers of lady fingers and mascarpone cheese. It has a lovely mocha flavor which everybody loves. Now, you can make this dessert without eggs and ladyfingers. Let’s see how to make it from the scratch
Makes – 9 servings
- All Purpose Flour – 1 Cup
- Baking saoda – 1/2 tsp
- Baking Powder – 1 tsp
- Salt – 1/8 tsp
- Cake enhancer – 1 Tbsp (Optional)
- Sweetened Condensed Milk – 1 Cup
- Milk – 1/2 Cup
- Vanilla Extract – 1 tsp
- Oil – 1 /4 Cup
- Butter – for greasing the pan
- Milk – 250 ml (seperate 1/4 Cup of milk)
- Custard Powder – 2 Tbsp
- Sugar – 1/3 Cup
- Butter – 1 Tbsp
- Coffe granules – 2 Tbsp
- Warm water – 3/4 Cup
- Sugar – 1 Tbsp
- Heavy Whipping Cream (Cold from the refrigerator) – 1 Cup
- Sugar – 1 Tbsp
- Vanilla Extract – 1/2 tsp
- Mascarpone cheese (Soft at room temperature) – 8 Oz
Bake the Cake:
- Preheat the oven to 350 F
- Grease a 9×13 inch cake pan with some butter and line it with some parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, add in the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cake enhancer.
- Mix well. Keep Aside.
- In a bowl add sweetened condensed milk, milk, oil, vanilla extract. Mix well.
- Add in the flour mixture gradually and keep mixing with spatula or a hand blender.
- Mix everything until smooth and lump free. Do not over beat.
- Now transfer the batter into the cake pan
- And bake for 15 mins or until toothpick inserted at the center comes out clean.
- Cool the cake in the cake pan resting it on a wire rack for 10 mins.
- Transfer the cake onto the cooling rack after 10 mins and let it cool completely.
- Into the separated 1/4 Cup of milk add in the corn starch and make a lump free milk mixture.
- Add the remaining milk into a sauce pan and bring to a boil. Add in the sugar and butter.
- Add in the prepared slurry into the milk and cook until the mixture thickens.
- It takes about 5 mins.
- Keep whisking all the time so that no lumps form, and you get a smooth custard.
- Once done, strain the mixture if needed.
- Now you have the custard mixture. Cool the custard to room temperature and refrigerate so that it becomes thick.
- You can make the custard a day before and use in the recipe.
Making Espresso using traditional Contraption:
- In the top cup with the perforated holes, add in the coffee powder.
- Press with the lid genlty and add 3/4 Cup of water.
- Let it brew for 10 mins.
- So you get strong coffee collected in the container beneath.
- Now add the collected coffee into the warm water and add the sugar. Mix well until combined
- Mix well and keep it ready.
For Cream Mixture:
- Add heavy Cream into a clean glass bowl.
- Add sugar, vanilla and whip it till soft peaks.
- Add the mascarpone cheese.
- Add the chilled custard.
- Beat well into the cream.
- Cover and refrigerate. We use this while assembling the dessert later.
- Cut the cake at the center vertically.
- Place one of them onto the tin (I used an 8×8 inch suare glass container) and poke with a fork all over.
- Carefully spoon in half of the espresso.
- Add half of the cream mixture.
- Spread the cream evently all over the cake.
- Grate some chocolate or dust it with some cocoa all over the cream layer.
- Top it with the other half of the cake.
- Press the cake slightly.
- Poke it all over and spoon in the remaining half of the decoction/ espresso.
- Add in the remaining cream mixture, spread it all over.
- Grate some chocolate all over the cream mixture.
- Cover with some cling film and refrigerate overnight.
- Carefully cut into desired size pieces and serve chilled.