Delicious and easy Tiramisu Cupcakes
Makes – 12 Cupcakes
Frosting – 6 Cupcakes Double the frosting recipe to make the frosting for 12 Cupcakes.
- All Purpose Flour – 1 1/2 Cups
- Vanilla Extract – 1/2 tsp
- Milk – 1/2 Cup (at room temperature)
- Salt – 1/4 tsp
- Eggs – 2 large
- Butter – 1/2 Cup (at room temperature)
- Baking powder – 1 1/2 tsp
- Castor Sugar – 1 Cup
- Heavy Cream – 1/2 Cup (Cold)
- Mascarpone Cheese – 4 oz (room temperature)
- Confectionary Sugar (icing Sugar ) – 1/4 Cup
- Vanilla Extract – 1/4 tsp
- Hot water – 3/4 Cup
- Coffee Powder – 2 Tbsp
- Sugar – 2 Tbsp
- Cocoa Powder – 1 Tbsp of cocoa powder
- Chocolate flakes – for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350 F or 180 C.
- Line your cupcake pan with liners.
- Into a mixing bowl, add all purpose flour, baking powder and salt. Mix well together.
- You can sift them so that they will be properly combined.
- In another bowl, add butter, sugar, vanilla extract. Cream them together.
- Add the eggs into the creamed butter and sugar mixture.
- Beat well using a whisk until creamy.
- While beating slowly, add the flour and milk alternately beginning and ending with the flour.
- You should get a smooth and lump free batter.
- Scoop the batter using an icecream scoop or a ladle.
- Add into the lined cupcake liners.
- Bake them in the oven for 17- 20 mins or until toothpick inserted at the center comes out clean.
- Let them cool completely on a cooling rack.
Making Espresso using a traditional contraption:
- In the top cup with the perforated holes, add in the coffee powder.
- Press with the lid genlty and add 3/4 Cup of water.
- Let it brew for 10 mins.
- So you get strong coffee collected in the container beneath.
- Now add the collected coffee into the warm water and add the sugar. Mix well until combined.
- Mix well and keep it ready.
Preparing the cupakes for frosting:
- Once the cupcakes cool completely, make holes all over the cupcakes using a for randomly.
- Pour in the espresso or bast it using a brush for all the cupcakes.
- Rest them sit for 10 mins.
- Meanwhile make the frosting.
- Into a mixing bow, add the mascarpone cheese, icing sugar.
- Mix it nice a good until creamy.
- Add the vanilla extract. Mix well until combined. Set it aside.
- In a clean bowl add the whipping cream.
- Beat it using clean beaters till stiff peaks.
- Add the mascarpone cheese mixture into whipped cream.
- Mix well until combined.
- DO NOT beat it just mix using a spatula.
Decorating the Cupcakes with the frosting:
- Transfer the frosting into a piping bag and frost them the way you prefer.
- Dust them using a tea strainer with some cocoa powder.
- Top them with some chocolate flakes.
- Refrigerate for 5 hrs or serve immediately.