Easy rice recipe which can be made in a jiffy. Corn and Mushroom make a great combination. Especially when mixed with some seasoned rice, it tastes yummy. You can serve as it is or with some raitha.
Serves – 2
Preparation time – 10 mins
- Garlic (finely Chopped) – 3 big cloves
- Green Chillies (finely chopped) – 5 or to taste
- Butter – 2 Tbsp
- Salt – to taste
- Onion (finely chopped) – 1/2 medium no
- Cilantro (finely chopped) – 3 Tbsp
- Mint – 10 leaves
- Corn – 3/4 Cup
- Mushrooms (sliced) – 1 1/2 Cups
- Rice – 3/4 Cup (wash and cook till done)
- Black Pepper (crushed) – 1/2 tsp or to taste
- Lemon juice – to taste
- Into a medium sized pan which is going on medium heat, add in the onions.
- Add the garlic, green chillies, butter.
- Fry the onion, garlic in the butter till soft.
- When the onions turn soft, add in some cilantro, corn, mint, sliced mushrooms.
- Add salt, mix well.
- crush some pepper and add into the vegetable mixture.
- Cover the pan and cook till mushrooms become tender. (approx 5 mins)
- Add the cooked rice.
- Mix gently with the vegetable mixture.
- Add some lemon juice.
- Mix again gently. Let the rice heat up slightly for 2 mins.
- Turn OFF the heat.
- Corn and Mushroom Rice is ready. Serve it as it is or with raitha. Enjoy!