Paneer is cooked with Chaat spices and fried on the tawa to give a smoky flavor to the dish. It tastes different and special from other paneer recipes because of the chaat spices that go in this recipe. Serve it on any special occasion and wow your friends! It tastes great with any Indian Flat bread or steamed rice.
Watch the video to know how to make this yummy curry!
Serves – 2 Ingredients:
- Tomatoes (roughly chopped) – 2 medium.
- Chaat Masala Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander Powder – 1 1/2 tsp
- Kashmiri Chilli Powder – 2 tsp
- Salt – 3/4 tsp or to taste
- Pav Bhaji masala – 1 1/2 tsp
- Garlic – 4 small cloves
- Sugar – 3/4 tsp or to taste
- Onion (finely chopped) – 1/2 medium or 3/4 Cup
- Capsicum (finely chopped) – 3/4 Cup
- Paneer (cubes) – 1 1/2 Cup
- Heavy Cream – 1/4 Cup
- Butter – 2 Tbsp
- Lemon Juice – 1/2 tsp
- Cilantro (chopped) – 1 Tbsp
- Dry Fenugreek Leaves (Kasoori Methi) – 1/2 tsp
- Mint leaves (torn) – 5 no
- Green chillies (slit) – 2 no or to taste
- Carom Seeds/ Ajwain – 1/2 tsp
- Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
- Heat the tawa/ Pancake pan.
- Add Butter. When it is medium hot, add ajwain and cumin seeds. Let them sizzle for 10 secs.
- Add Onions and cook till golden brown.
- Meanwhile, let’s make a tomato paste.
- Into a blender jar add tomatoes, coriander powder, salt, sugar, pav bhaji masala, chaat masala, red chilli powder, garlic. Make a smooth paste. Keep this aside.
- Check the onions, once the onion turns golden, add capsicum. Mix well and fry for 1 min.
- Add the ground masala paste.
- Cook the masala for atleast 5 mins or until oil oozes from the sides.
- Once the masala is cooked, dilute it with 1 Cup of water (add it gradually depending on the consistency you prefer.)
- Add green chillies, crushed kasoori methi, paneer cubes, mint, cilantro, lemon juice,cream. Mix well.
- Cook for a min and turn Off the heat.
- Serve hot with Naan, chapathi, roti or paratha.