Subz Lajawaab is loaded with the richness of coconut milk and cashews. It is a creamy yellow gravy that can be done under 20 mins. It tastes wonderful and is a perfect side dish to go with any Indian Flat Bread.
Serves – 2 to 3
- Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Ginger – small piece
- Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Asafoetida (hing) – pinch
- Onion (finely chopped) – 1/2 medium
- Green Chillies – 6 no. or to taste
- Carrot ( 3 inch long sticks, boiled) – 1 medium
- Potato (cut in wedges, boiled) – 1/2 no
- Cauliflower (florets, boiled) – 1/2 Cup
- Capsicum (cubes, boiled) – 1/2 no
- Green Peas (boiled) – 1/4 Cup
- Cilantro (finely chopped) – 1 Tbsp
- Cashews – 15 no
- Yogurt (Curd) – 3 Tbsp
- Clarified Butter (Ghee) – 1 Tbsp
- Salt – to taste
- Coconut Milk – 3/4 Cup
- Milk – 1 Cup
- In a blender jar add cashews, coriander powder, garam masala powder, ginger, green chillies, half of the milk.
- Blend to a smooth paste. Keep it aside.
- Heat a medium non stick pan.
- Add ghee, when it is moderately hot add asafoetida, turmeric powder, bell pepper, green peas, onion.
- Fry till onions turn golden.
- Add the ground masala paste.
- Cook the mixture till oil oozes out from the sides.
- Add the boiled vegetables, leftover milk, beaten yogurt, coconut milk.
- Add salt. Simmer the curry for 2 mins.
- Add cilantro and serve the curry hot with any Indian Bread.