Chocolate Lava Cake is an easy and delicious dessert recipe for the upcoming Valentines Day. You can make the batter and keep it store upto 2 days in the refrigerator and enjoy it whenever you crave for it.
Serves – 3
- Semi Sweet Chocolate (chopped) – 2 oz
- Butter – 2 Tbsp
- All Purpose Flour – 2 Tbsp
- Instant Coffee Powder – 1/8th tsp
- Vanilla Extract – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – 1/8 tsp
- Nonstick spray or butter – to grease the baking dish or ramekins
- Egg – 1 no
- Castor Sugar – 3 Tbsp
- Powdered Sugar – for garnish
- Berries – for garnish
- Ice Cream – for serving optional
- Preheat the oven to 400F or 200 C.
- Grease the ramekins with butter generously and dust it with sugar or spray it with a non stick spray. Keep them aside.
- For melting the chocolate, heat a small sauce pan with an inch of water.
- Bring the water to boil and simmer.
- Place a heat proof bowl on top and add the chocolate, butter.
- Let the chocolate melt. Keep mixing once in a while.
- Meanwhile in a small pyrex measuring jar, add sugar, egg and beat till it turns pale. Use a whisk or hand blender to do this.
- By this time the chocolate will be melted. Remove from the heat and let it cool for 5 mins.
- Add vanilla extract, instant coffee powder with the egg mixture and bet well.
- Add the melted chocolate and mix well again.
- Add in the salt, flour and mix with the egg and chocolate mixture.
- Pour the batter into the ramekins half way through.
- Place them into a baking tray and bake for 7 to 10 mins or until the edges pull out from the oven and the center of the cake is still concave.
- Once done, get them out from the oven and serve them in the ramekins or let them cool for 1 min and flip onto a dessert plate and dust with powdered sugar.
- Serve warm with fruit and ice cream or just like that.