Hara Bhara Kebab! As the name says, they are filled with lot of green vegetables. I use Paneer and potatoes to give a smooth and creamy texture to the Kebab. They literally melt in mouth when you take a bite of these addictive Kebabs
Watch step by step process of making Hara Bhara Kebabs
- Spinach (wash) – 2 Cups tightly packed
- Fenugreek Leaves (washed) – 1/2 Cup tightly packed
- Onion (finely chopped) – 1/4 Cup
- Potatoes (boiled) – 2 no
- Lime Juice – 1 tsp or to taste
- Green peas (mashed) – 2 Tbsp
- Paneer (Crumbled) – 1/4 Cup tightly packed
- Chanadal(wash, pressure cooked till just tender) – 1/4 Cup to get 1/2 Cup of cooked dal
- Green Chillies – 6 or to taste
- Ginger – small piece
- Garlic – 1 fat clove
- Cilantro – 1/4 Cup
- Spring Onion greens – 2 Tbsp
- Capsicum (finely chopped) – 2 Tbsp
- Oil – as required for shallow frying or deep frying.
- Salt – 3/4 tsp or to taste
- Cumin Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Dry Mint Leaves – 1/2 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Sugar – 1 tsp or to taste
- Chaat Masala Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Bread Crumbs – 3 Tbsp
- Cashew (halves) – 10 no
For blanching Spinach & Frnugreek Leaves:
- Bring 3 Cups of water to a boil.
- Add Spinach and let it sit in the boiling water till it picks up nice bright green color.
- Then remove it immediately from the water and put into ice cold water to stop the cooking process.
- Repeat the process with the fenugreek leaves.
- Once you have blanched the leafy vegetables, squeeze them hard to remove all the extra water.
- Keep them ready.
For Cooking the Dal:
- Into a pressure cooker add the washed Chana dal and 1 Cup of water.
- Pressure cook for 4 whistles.
- Force release the pressure of the pressure cooker by running under the cold water.
- Be very careful while you do this.
- Once all the steam is out, drain the water from the dal and keep the dal ready.
- Dal should be tender but not mushy.
- Into a blender add green chillies, ginger and garlic,green peas and make a coarse paste.
- Heat a medium skillet with 2 tsp of oil.
- Add cumin powder, giner garlic green peas paste that we ground.
- Fry for a min.
- Add capsicum, spring onion greens, onion.
- Cook for 3 mins or till the onion becomes traslucent.
- Remove the mixture from heat and transfer into a bowl to cool off quickly.
- Meanwhile, into a food processor add blanched spinach, boiled potato, paneer, ccooked dal.
- Pulse it till you get a smooth paste.
- Add this to the cooked green masala paste.
- Add Bread Crumbs, chaat masala powder, sugar, garam masala powder, dry mint leaves, salt, lime juice, cilantro.
- Mix well until combined properly.
- You will get a sticky paste.
- Grease your hands lightly with oil and shape the mixture into 3 inch round patties.
- Stick a cashew at center of each patty.
- Get ready with all the patties.
- Heat a pan with few Tbsp of oil.
- Place the shaped Kebab one after other on the pan.
- Fry till golden on both the sides.
- Serve them as such or with green chutney/ tamarind chutney