Paneer is cooked in a rich and creamy white gravy. Safed Paneer tastes different and unique from the other regular Indian gravies. White pepper, Saffron and Cardamom together play a wonderful role in flavoring this dish. So do try this and serve it with any of your favorite Indian Flat Bread like Roti, Naan Parathas etc.
Watch Step by Step Video Recipe:
Serves – 2 to 3 people
Prep Time – 5 mins
Cooking time – 10 mins
- Paneer (cubed)- 170 – 200 gms
- Yogurt – 2 Tbsp
- Heavy Cream – 4 Tbsp
- Cashews – 15 no
- Onion (roughly chopped) – 1 medium
- Butter – 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Garlic – 3 no
- Sugar – 1 tsp
- Salt – 3/4 tsp
- Green chillies – 4 or to taste
- Green Cardamom (remove the skin and discard, use just the seeds) – 2 no
- Saffron – 10 strands (do not use more)
- White Pepper Powder – 1/2 tsp or to taste
- Ginger – small pice
- Garam Masala Powder – 3/4 tsp
- Into the pressure cooker pan, add 1/4 cup of water.
- Add Cashews, onion, cardamom seeds, garlic, green chillies, ginger.
- Cover and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
- Turn OFF the heat and let the pressure go down by itself.
- Blend the pressured mixture to a fine paste using little water if needed.
- Heat the pressure cooker on medium.
- Add butter, don’t let it go brown.
- So, immediately add saffron, ground masala paste.
- Mix well, add white pepper powder, yogurt, salt, cream, sugar.
- Add water to get the gravy to the right consistency.
- Add paneer, and simmer the mixture for 2 mins.
- Move the curry to the dish you want to serve in.
- Garnish with saffron strands.
- Serve hot with any Indian flat bread.