Masala Macaroni is a quick snack or a breakfast recipe that can be whipped up in few mins. It is easy to put together and everybody enjoy this dish.
Preparation time – 5 mins
Cooking time – 10 mins
- Onion (finely chopped) – 1/2 medium no
- Capsicum (finelyy chopped) – 3/4 Cup
- Macaroni – 1 1/2 Cups
- Oil – 1 Tbsp
- Tomatoes – 2 no
- Mustard Seeds – 1 tsp
- Curry Leaves (finely chopped) – few
- Green Chilies (finely chopped) – 3 no or to taste
- Ginger (finely chopped or grated) – 1 1/2 tsp
- Kashmiri Chilli Powder – 1 tsp or to taste
- Garam Masala Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Lemon Juice – 1 tsp
- Tomato ketchup – 1 Tbsp
- Cilantro (finely chopped) – 1 Tbsp
- Into a medium sauce pan add 6 cups of water, salt and bring the water to a rolling boil.
- Add the macaroni and boil till it is just tender. Do not over boil. Drain the water and keep the pasta ready.
- Blend the tomatoes in a mixer. Keep it aside.
- Heat a medium sized frying pan, add oil and let it become medium hot.
- Add in the mustard seeds and allow them to pop.
- Add ginger, green chilies, curry leaves, onion.
- Fry for few mins till onion turn soft.
- Now add tomato puree, red chilli powder, garam masala powder, tomato ketchup. Mix well and cook for 3 mins.
- Add bell pepper and cook for a min.
- Add the cooked macaroni, mix well. Add lemon juice and cilantro.
- Mix well. Turn OFF the heat and serve it immediately.