I get lot of requests asking to post quick snack recipes on Sruthi’s Kitchen. These Cheese Vadas are something that taste yummy and can be put together very quickly. These are crunchy from outside and soft and stringy from inside. Serve them as they are or with any dip of your choice.
Makes – 12 Medium Vadas
Preparation time – 5 mins
Cooking time – 10 mins
- Chickpea Flour/ Besan – 3/4 Cup
- Cheddar Cheese (Grated) – 1/4 Cup
- Cheddar Cheese (grated) – 1/4 Cup
- Rice Flour – 1/4 Cup
- Green Chillies (finely chopped) – 4 or to taste
- Onion (finely chopped) – 1 small
- Cilantro (finely chopped) – 3 Tbsp
- Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Red Chilli Powder – 1/4 tsp or to taste
- Baking Soda – 1/8 tsp
- Dry Italian Herb Seasoning – 1 tsp
- Oil – for deep frying
- Into a mixing bowl, add 3/4 Cup of cheddar cheese, chickpea flour, rice flour, baking soda, red chilli powder, green chillies, cumin seeds, salt, cilantro, italian herb seasoning. Mix well.
- Gradually add water to make a sticky dough ball. (approx 1/4 Cup water).
- Heat the oil for deep frying. While the oil is heating start shaping the vadas.
- Shape the vadas by dipping your hands with few drops of water and remove the excess.
- Take 1 1/2 Tbsp of Vada mixture and spread between your palms to 2 inch circle, put 2 tsp of cheddar cheese in the center and seal the ends carefully.
- Shape all the vadas in the similar fashion.
- Deep fry the vadas till they get golden color from all the sides.
- Depending on the side of the pan you are using, deep fry the vadas in batches do not crowd the pan.
- Once done, transfer them onto a paper towel and serve with onion and lemon on the side.