Banana Caramel Crunch Ice Cream is inspired from ColdeStone’s Creamery, a popular Ice cream joint in the United States. This is one of my favorite ice cream flavors. Traditional Banana Caramel Crunch that Coldstone uses French Vanilla ice cream as the base but to make keep it egg free, I made it with cream and condensed milk. Still, the texture is similar and I never missed the eggs. This one is a must try recipe. Now, let’s start with the actual recipe.
Watch Step by Step of making this yummy dessert:
For Ice cream:
- Heavy Cream – 1 Cup
- Milk Powder – 1 Tbsp
- Condensed Milk – 1/3 Cup
- Vanilla Bean Paste – 1 tsp
For Caramel Sauce:
- Sugar – 1/4 Cup
- Heavy Cream – 1/2 Cup
- Vanilla Extract – 1/4 tsp
- Salt – 1/8 tsp
- Butter – 1 Tbsp
For Assembling the desert:
- Banana – 1 no (1/2 banana per serving) (mash just before serving)
- Toasted Almonds – 1/4 Cup (use 2 Tbsp per serving)
- Caramel Sauce
- Ice Cream
- Into a clean deep bowl add in cream, milk powder, sweetened condensed milk, vanilla bean paste and beat till the mixture becomes thick.
- Transfer the mixture into a freezer proof container and freeze for 8 hrs or overnight.
- Meanwhile prepare the caramel sauce.
- For making Caramel Sauce, take a wide pan add in the sugar.
- Heat it on medium and let the sugar melt.
- Once the sugar melts give another few secs, to reach deep golden caramel color.
- At this point add in butter and heavy cream. Stir in with the caramel and continue to heat till it becomes lump free.
- Transfer the caramel sauce into a bowl and stir in vanilla extract and pinch of salt.
- Caramel Sauce is ready. You can use it immediately or store in any glass jar for couple of weeks in the refrigerator.
- When the Ice Cream is set, remove from the freezer and scoop into the serving bowls.
- Top it with chopped toasted almonds, half of mashed banana and couple of tea spoons of caramel sauce.