Soya Manchurian is a quick snack that is made with Soya Chunks that everybody stocks their pantry with. It is such an awesome preparation that anybody instantly falls in love. When you run out of fresh vegetables and still want to enjoy manchurian during snack time, this is it! Soya Manchurian can be made quickly using simple ingredients that everybody have in their kitchen.
Serves – 2
Preparation time – 5 mins
Cooking time – 15 mins
- Soya Chunks – 1/2 Cup
- All Purpose Flour – 2 Tbsp
- Rice Flour – 2 Tbsp
- Corn Flour/ Corn Starch – 2 Tbsp
- Salt – 1/4 tsp
- Black Pepper powder – 1/4 tsp or to taste
- Red Chilli powder – 1/2 tsp or to taste
- Water – 2 Cups (for cooking Soya chunks)
- Oil – 2 tsp + for deep frying
- Ginger (finely chopped) – 1 tsp
- Garlic (finely chopped) – 1 tsp
- Tomato Ketchup – 2 Tbsp
- Soy Sauce – 2 tsp
- Water – 1/4 Cup for making Sauce
- Spring Onion Greens (chopped) – 2 Tbsp
- Salt – 1/8 tsp (use only when required)
Step by Step Process of Making Soya Manchurian:
- In a sauce pan, add 2 Cups of water with just enough salt and bring to a boil.
- Add Soya Chunks and cook till soft, approx 1 min.
- Once they are soft, drain the water and let them rest for 5 mins to cool slightly.
- Squeeze out all the water from the soya chunks, and keep them ready.
- Discard the squeezed out water.
- Now for batter, add All Purpose Flour, Corn Flour, Rice Flour, salt, black pepper powder, couple of Tbsp of fresh water.
- Make a batter so that the mixture coats the chunks properly.
- Deep fry these Soya Chunks until crispy.
- For sauce:
- Heat 2 tsp of oil and add garlic, ginger, green chillies. Fry for 30 secs.
- Add tomato ketchup, soy sauce, had of the spring onion greens, 1/4 Cup of water.
- When the sauce starts to boil, add the fried Soya chunks.
- Simmer for 1 min.
- Garnish with few more spring onion greens. Serve hot.