Hi Everyone, wish you all a very happy dussehra Let’s make a traditional Kaju Katli recipe today. It is an awesome Indian sweet that is usually made during Diwali, but one can make it for any festival. Kaju Katli is also known as Kaju Barfi in some regions. It is made with simple everyday ingredients with few steps involved. It has a soft texture with a slight mouth feel and not a overly sweet dessert. Now let’s see how to make this yummy dessert.
Makes – 15 pieces
Preparation time – 10 mins
Cooking time – 10 mins
- Cashew Nuts – 1 Cup
- Sugar – 1/3 Cup
- Cashew (Halves) – for garnish
- Cardamom Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Saffron – few Strands (for garnish)
- Ghee (for greasing the rolling pin and plate) – 1 Tbsp
Step by Step Process of making Kaju kati/ Burfi. Watch the Video here:
- Blend the Cashews to a fine powder in a clean blender jar(It shouldn’t be pasty).
- Add Sugar to a medium size non stick pan, and add water.
- Bring the mixture to 1 String consistency.
- Add Cardamom powder.
- Add Cashew nut powder and mix well.
- Cook till the mixture leaves the sides of the pan.
- Transfer the mixture to a thali/ plate which is greased with some ghee
- Grease the rolling pin with ghee and roll the dough into 1/4 inch thick circle.
- Leave the mixture to cool for 5 mins.
- Apply silver varakh and cashew halves for garnish.
- Cut into 1.5 inch diamonds and serve.
- Garnish with Saffron.
- Kaju kati can stored for 1 week in a air tight container in refrigerator.
- Do not over cook the sugar mixture. Just cook till one string consistency.
- Silver Varakh is optional.
- This can be made with pistachios to get Pista Burfi.
- Do not over cook the Kaju Paste.