Creamy, delicate and melt in mouth Dahi Kebab Recipe.
Preparation time – 10 mins
Cooking time – 30 mins
- Hung Yogurt (Cold) – 250gms
- Paneer – 100 gas
- Cheese (grated) – 1/4 Cup
- Brown Onions – 1/4 Cup
- Green Chillies – 5 or to taste
- Onion (finely chopped) – 1/4 Cup
- Cilantro (finely chopped) – 1/4 Cup
- Ginger (finely chopped) – 1 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Garam Masala Powder – 1/4 tsp
- All Purpose Flour – 1/4 Cup
- Bread Crumbs – 1 Cup
- Water – to make the batter
- Oil – for deep frying
- Finely chop the brown onions and keep aside.
- Combine hung yogurt, paneer, cheese, chopped brown onion, green chillies, onion, cilantro, salt, ginger and garam masala powder in a separate bowl.
- Refrigerate this mixture until we are ready with the All Purpose Flour batter.
- In a shallow bowl make a semi thick batter by combining All Purpose Flour, salt and Water.
- Get the Hung Yogurt mixture out from the refrigerator, grease hands with oil and shape into 2 inch diameter balls.
- Dip the balls into the batter and coat with the breadcrumbs. Repeat the same process with all the Kebabs.
- Pop the balls into the Freezer for half an hr and deep fry in hot oil for 2 mins or until golden.
- Serve hot immediately with Sweet and Sour Tamarind Chutney.
- Yogurt made from 750 ml of milk yields 250gms of Hung Yogurt.
- Hung Yogurt should be absolutely thick and cold.
- Freeze the kebabs for atleast half hr before deep frying to prevent from splitting.
- These Kebabs should be fried in hot oil only otherwise they break and soak lot of oil.
- The Kebabs get fried quickly in under 2 mins. So keep an eye an them.