Cutlets are quick to make and can be done in numerous ways. I used simple everyday spices and vegetables that we generally have handy at home to make these delicious cutlets. I shallow fried these cutlets, you still don’t miss on the taste.
You can go for baking option if looking for a low cal snack idea. These are crispy outside and soft and melt in mouth from inside.
I used most commonly used vegetables for making these cutlets but feel free to use vegetables that are handy in your kitchen. These come out great with vegetables like corn, mushroom, capsicum raw banana, yam etc.
I made a small batch sufficient for 2 persons. You can double or triple the quantities if making for parties or get together.
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Ginger Chilli Paste – 2 tsp
- Cabbage (finely chopped) – 1/4 Cup
- Onion (finely chopped) – 1/4 Cup
- Carrot (finely chopped) – 1/4 Cup
- French Beans (finely chopped) – 1/4 Cup
- Corn Starch – 2 Tbsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Dry mango/ Amchur Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Cilantro/ Coriander Leaves (finely chopped) – 2 Tbsp
- Potato (boiled, peeled and mashed) – 3/4 Cup
For Shaping –
- Oil – 2 tsp
- Bread crumbs – 1/2 Cup or as required
- Oil – as required
- Heat oil in a medium pan.
- Add Ginger green chili paste, cabbage, onion, carrot, beans.
- Fry for 5 mins or until vegetables turn soft.
- Add corn starch, turmeric powder, garam masala powder and dry mango powder.
- Fry for 30 secs and turn off the heat.
- Move the contents to a bowl to cool completely.
- Add coriander leaves, salt, mashed potato. Mix until combined.
- Cutlet mixture is ready.
- Grease palms slightly with oil and take 2 Tbsp of prepared cutlet mixture shape into a smooth ball and slightly flatten to give cutlet shape.
- Dip into bread crumbs and coat cutlets evenly with bread crumbs.
- Shape all the cutlets in the same way.
- Heat some oil in a medium non stick skillet for shallow frying.
- Fry the cutlets till golden on both the sides and crispy.
- Remove from the oil once they are crispy and serve with chutneys of your choice.
- If the Cutlet mixture feels sticky, add beaten rice/ poha or bread crumbs.
- Shape them into hearts or oblong shape to give a different look.